Beetlejuice is a new musical based on the fan-favorite film of the same name. The show received 3 awards!
BEETLEJUICE RECEIVED A DRAMA DESK AWARD FOR: Outstanding Set Design for a Musical: David Korins
BEETLEJUICE RECEIVED A DRAMA LEAGUE AWARD: Founders Award for Excellence in Directing: Alex Timbers
BEETLEJUICE RECEIVED AN OUTER CRITICS CIRCLE AWARD FOR: Outstanding Scenic Design: David Korins
The musical adaptation of Beetlejuice, made its Broadway debut to WONDERFUL reviews:
- A JAW DROPPING FUN HOUSE.”
The New York Times
- “SCREAMINGLY GOOD FUN, WITH OFF-THE-WALL HUMOR AND ENDLESS VISUAL DELIGHTS.”
- “STRIPES AND SPIRALS AND SANDWORMS, OH MY! BEETLEJUICE IS BRAZEN, BAWDY AND GLEEFULLY IRREVERENT.” New York Magazine
- “RIOTOUS! A SPECTACULAR PRODUCTION.” The Hollywood Reporter
- “BEETLEJUICE COMES TO BROADWAY WITH A FUN JAUNT THROUGH THE NETHERWORLD.” Entertainment Weekly
- “A ROLLICKING PIECE OF FUN.” Daily Beast
- “BROADWAY ADAPTATION IS A GIDDY NIGHT OUT.” The Guardian
Directed by Alex Timbers (Moulin Rouge!), BEETLEJUICE tells the story of Lydia Deetz, a strange and unusual teenager obsessed with the whole “being dead thing.” Lucky for Lydia, her new house is haunted by a recently deceased couple and a degenerate demon who happens to have a thing for stripes. When Lydia calls on this ghost-with-the-most to scare away her insufferable parents, Beetlejuice comes up with the perfect plan, which involves exorcism, arranged marriages and an adorable girl scout who gets scared out of her wits.
Performances at the Winter Garden Theatre, 1634 Broadway, NYC. For more information and to purchase tickets, please click here.